Tuesday, April 19, 2016

When Opportunity Knocks!

Sometimes in life chance meetings lead to great things!  That is exactly what happened last October, at my very first Dapper Day.  While I was waiting to meet Michael, and his kids, I noticed this highly spirited lovely lady donning my favorite "color" - polka dots!!  Her bright smile was so full of energy, I just had to say hello, and I was so glad I did.


I really didn't like her - I was Mickey's gal!

See, ever since I can remember, like many of you, I have loved all things Disney!  As a young child, I was convinced that I would marry Mickey Mouse.  After all I was his girlfriend, not Minnie, she made Mickey chase her all the time.  Whenever my parents asked where we wanted to go for our family vacation, my response was always Disney World.  Without fail they would make my wishes come true, and we would visit the parks at least once per year.  My siblings and I would ride the classics; Mission to Mars, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Snow White's Scary Adventures, The Jungle Cruise - you name it.  Upon exiting the park, my tradition was the same -  popcorn and a Mickey Head balloon to go, and passing out on the monorail ride back to the Ticket & Transportation Center!





With My Parents, Daughter & Aunt on my 40th Birthday.
As a young adult, when the opportunity presented itself, I moved to Central Florida and became an annual passholder.  Visiting the parks almost daily only made my passion for Disney that much stronger.  Throughout the years, so many beautiful memories were made at the Walt Disney World Resort with my family and friends. Naturally, as time progressed, my friends and family saw my passion for Disney was only growing stronger and my knowledge and experience about the parks themselves became more refined.



RunDisney - Princess 1/2 Marathon Girl's Weekend!

Before I knew it, they all started turning to me whenever they needed help  planning their Disney Vacations, and they would often have other friends I had never met reach out to me as well.  Whenever changes came about at the Walt Disney World Resort, such as the introduction of Fast Passes, new attractions and resorts,  new restaurants and the Dining Plans, they knew I was their go-to-gal and would help them figure out the best options, making sure their visit was always chock-full-o-pixie-dust!




Chance Meeting at Dapper Day 2015 with Amanda Mann (left)
After meeting that lovely polka dotted clad gal in October, she presented  with a life changing opportunity to become a Travel Agent through her company.  It was a complete shift from what life had brought me so far, but a very wise man once said,  "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious, and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." With Walt's words in my head, and love, trust and pixie dust in my heart, I've opened a new door; sharing a life long passion with expert knowledge as I help make dreams come true.  What could be greater than that?


Before I go, I want to invite you to check out a great blog I have started following: www.bibbidibobbidimom.com - This fabulous Disney mom and fellow agent shares some wonderful tips and tricks - and she also has a fantastic children's princess inspired play wear company!

No comments:

Post a Comment